Online Terms and Conditions
All Products sold by Isetan through this website are subject to these Terms & Conditions. By using this website, you confirm and affirm that you have read, understood and that you agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions in the form in which they appear at the time you are using the website. You also warrant that you have the legal capacity to bind yourself to these Terms and Conditions.
In these Terms and Conditions, the following expressions shall have the following meanings:
- “Customer” means you and all other persons who purchase Products through this website;
- “Isetan” means Isetan (Singapore) Limited (UEN: 197001177H); and
- “Product/Products” shall refer to products offered for sale by Isetan on this website.
The Customer must be over 18 years of age, and shall complete the registration process for an account according to Isetan’s requirements as stated on this website. The Customer warrants that all information he/she is required to provide is at all times true, accurate, current and complete.
The Customer must inform Isetan immediately of any changes to the information that he/she provided when registering by updating his/her personal details or order for Isetan to communicate with you effectively.
When the Customer registers to use the website, he/she will be asked to create a password. In order to prevent fraud, the Customer must keep this password confidential and must not disclose it or share it with anyone. If the Customer knows or suspects that someone else knows his/her password, he/she should notify Isetan by contacting [firstname.lastname@example.org] immediately. If Isetan has reason to believe that there is likely to be a breach of security or misuses of the website, Isetan may require the Customer to change his/her password or Isetan may suspend the Customer’s account.
Isetan may suspend or cancel the Customer’s account immediately at Isetan’s reasonable discretion or if the Customer breaches any of his/her obligations under these Terms and Conditions. The suspension or cancellation of the Customer’s account and right to use the website shall not affect any accrued rights of either party.
There will be no delivery service on Sundays & Public Holidays or any blackout dates imposed by Isetan.
Delivery time slots are subject to availability. Should there be overwhelming requests for any particular time slot, Isetan may cease to accept delivery orders for that time slot and the Customer will be advised to select an alternate time slot.
Delivery must be acknowledged by the Customer or his/her authorized recipient on Isetan’s delivery invoice. The Customer should ensure that an authorized recipient is present at the delivery address during the selected time slot to receive the delivery, failing which Isetan reserves the right to charge a re-delivery fee for each subsequent trip.
Should any Product in the Customer’s order be unavailable for any reason whatsoever, Isetan shall contact the Customer to arrange for an alternate delivery timing or change of order.
Subject to payment for the order being effected, where the Customer has specifically instructed Isetan to leave his delivery outside the door of the address provided, such delivery shall be at the Customer's sole risk and Isetan shall not be liable for any missing Products thereafter.
Isetan shall reasonably endeavor to deliver orders to the valid and complete delivery address specified by the Customer within the time slot selected by the Customer but Isetan shall not be liable for any claims damages costs whatsoever due to delays in its delivery services.
The Customer’s order is an offer to buy from Isetan. There will be no contract of any kind between the Customer and Isetan until Isetan dispatches the Products to the Customer. At any point up until then, Isetan may decline to supply the Products to the Customer without giving any reason. Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, Isetan reserves the right to withhold delivery of an order if it has any doubt whatsoever as to the Customer's credit worthiness or if the payment is not effected for any reason whatsoever.
All risk in the Products sold on this website shall pass to the Customer upon delivery to the Customer’s delivery address, but title in the said Products shall remain vested in Isetan and shall not pass to the Customer until full payment for the said Products has been received by Isetan.
Variation of Order
Subject to the Customer's consent, Isetan may substitute an ordered Product with another similar Product if the initial Product ordered by the Customer is unavailable. The final purchase amount charged to the Customer will be adjusted accordingly for any price difference. However, for the avoidance of doubt, Isetan reserves the right not to replace the unavailable Product.
If there is no prior consent from the Customer for a substitution, no substitution shall be made and a credit adjustment for the unavailable Product will be made accordingly.
Isetan reserves the right to not accept orders of any Product that may have been presented wrongly or inaccurately on the website. The decision to honor any price discrepancy is solely at Isetan’s discretion and its decision shall be final.
The prices reflected on the website are strictly meant for purchases made online only and these prices may from time to time vary from those found at Isetan stores and are also subject to change at any time. Isetan will not entertain any request for refund/exchange based on such price discrepancies.
In the event of any price difference between the total bill of the Customer’s order at the point of submission online and the final bill whether arising from substitutions, daily price changes, unavailability, special price promotion, mislabeling or mispricing etc, Isetan reserves the right to adjust the final bill and collect the payment for the difference upon presentation of the final bill to the Customer and such adjustment shall be final. In the event that the online total bill is higher than the actual bill, the difference will be refunded to the Customer.
All offers are subject to availability and while stocks last. In the event one or more Products in an order are unavailable, Isetan reserves the right to cancel the order or to proceed with the remaining order and adjust the final bill accordingly. No replacement or subsequent deliveries will be made for the unavailable Product(s).
Isetan reserves the right to decline any order it deems improper, including but not limited to unusually large quantities. In the event that a genuine order has been declined by Isetan for any reason, the Customer may fill up the Contact Us form for further assistance.
TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR ISETAN PRIVILEGE CARD
- Isetan Privilege Card (“IPC”) is a point accumulation card. IPC member (“member”) can earn I-points for purchases made at any Isetan Department Store including Isetan Supermarkets in Singapore by presenting their IPC to the cashier during payment.
- A membership fee of $10.00 is payable every 2 years in advance of membership. Renewal fee will be waived if member accumulates a minimum total of 1,000 I-points within 2 years from the month of issue or renewal.
- A replacement fee of $2.00 will be levied for each lost or damaged IPC card.
- The IPC and I-points are non-transferable. I-points will only be awarded for purchases made by the member and upon the presentation of member’s IPC.
- One I-point will be awarded for every $1.00 nett amount purchase (excluding GST) at Isetan Department stores and one I-point will be awarded for every $3.00 nett amount purchase at Isetan Supermarkets (excluding GST).
- The following purchases are not entitled to I-points:- Purchases made at Isetan Wisma Atria, Cafes & Restaurants, Bakeries, Hair & Beauty Salons, purchases of Isetan Gift Vouchers, Liquors, Cigarettes, Services, Invoice Sales and other products or services which Isetan (Singapore) Limited may from time to time prescribe.
- The following payment modes are not entitled to I-points: Isetan Vouchers (Gift Vouchers, Rebate Vouchers, Promotion Vouchers or Discount Vouchers), Exchange Form or Deposit.
- Members are not entitled to any further points with the Isetan Platinum Card discount.
- Members are entitled to redeem Isetan Rebate Vouchers if they have accumulated a minimum of 300 I-points within each 6 months‘ period starting from the month of issue.
- At the end of each qualifying period, all unredeemed I-points will not be carried forward. Unredeemed I-points cannot be transferred to another account and has no monetary value whatsoever at any point of time.
- I-points must be accumulated on the same day of purchase only. Previous or backdated receipts are not valid for I-points accumulation.
- Isetan (Singapore) Limited shall not be responsible for any loss or inconvenience arising from the mailing of any correspondence or notice to the latest address available in the member’s records and prior to the receipt of notice of any update from the member.
- Application must be made in person at any Isetan stores. Member must be at least 16 years old and above.
- Isetan (Singapore) Limited may at its sole discretion amend a member’s I-points and at any time refuse or recall any redemption by a member if any official notification has been erroneously sent to the member and/or any I-points have been erroneously awarded to the member for any reason whatsoever.
- Isetan (Singapore) Limited reserves the right to amend the privileges, terms and conditions of the IPC programme at its sole discretion from time to time without prior notice.
- Other terms & conditions apply.
Payments for purchases on this website are to be made via Debit or Credit Cards (VISA, MasterCard and American Express Card only) or Paypal. Payment information is transmitted through a secure payment channel.
Refunds for Product(s) purchased under any promotional offer will be based on the terms of the promotional price. Any special request from the Customer for refund or exchange may require physical visit to the designated Isetan stores, at the Customer’s own cost and expense.
Change in payment mode is not possible after submission of order by the Customer.
Store credits, gift certificates or e-vouchers cannot be used to purchase gift vouchers or gift certificates.
Businesses which are registered for GST and require a tax invoice for their orders should contact us separately or include it as a comment upon checkout.
VARIATION OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Isetan reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions, including charges and fees, Product prices, delivery timings, order and payment modes and return policy, in its sole discretion at any time by updating this website. It is the Customer’s responsibility to review the prevailing Terms and Conditions prior to submitting any order on this website.
To the extent fully permitted by law, all warranties, descriptions, representations or advice given as to the fitness or suitability for any purpose, tolerance to any conditions, similarity to sample, merchantability or otherwise of the Products supplied, are expressly excluded.
No agent or representative of Isetan is authorized to make any warranties, representations or statements regarding the Products and Isetan shall not in any way be bound by any such unauthorized warranties, representations or statements.
EXCHANGE / REFUND POLICY
Customers are strongly advised to check the Product purchased at the time of delivery to avoid any possible dispute. All Products leaving Isetan’s distribution centre have been checked for quality and quantity accuracy.
Subject to the Customer making a report via email or telephone to Isetan within three days after the day of delivery of the order, any request for exchange or refund of Product shall be dealt with in the following manner :-
Isetan shall either refund to the Customer the value of the Product, replace or exchange the Product as the case may be if :-
- the Product is delivered in a damaged condition or is past its expiry date;
- the Product is ordered and invoiced but is not delivered; or
- the wrong Product is delivered.
We will accept returns for non-perishable items from the departmental store and supermarket except for discounted merchandise and merchandise that has been abused or soiled through customer's or user's neglect.
In the event of a return, a delivery fee will be charged if the new total purchase value (new order value) falls below $100 due to returns.
Perishables refer to Fruits & Vegetables, Meat & Seafood and Frozen & Chilled items.
- For the return of non-perishable Products, kindly:
- Pack the item with the original invoice and state the reason for the return on the same invoice.
- Mail the package to the following address:
Isetan Scotts Delivery Counter
350 Orchard Road, Basement 1
- Alternatively, bring the non-perishable item down to the Isetan Scotts store and present your item together with the original invoice to our staff at any cash counter. If you are exchanging an item, you may wish to check the item's availability at a particular store by calling us. Any exchange should be made within three days of purchase.
- We will not bear any charges incurred by customers during the process of return, exchange or refund of merchandise.
- We reserve the rights to make amendments to this Exchange/Refund policy without prior notice.
- Please contact us if you have any queries about returns or exchanges. We will be happy to attend to you.
All Customers should examine the goods at point of delivery or purchase. If the defect or fault existed at the point of delivery or purchase but was not detected or detectable by the Customer’s examination but is later discovered within 6 months of delivery, there are 2 stages of recourse for such a Customer.
1. Repair or replacement will be done for the defective product.
In the instance of replacement, the quality, make, model or condition should conform to what is expected of the original item, taking into account wear and tear due to usage by the customer. The replacement need not always be new.
2. A discount or a refund will be provided if repair and replacement (1) is impossible; or (2) is disproportionately and unreasonably costly.
Please note that the refund amount may not be the full purchase price.
Customers are not entitled to a remedy if:
- Customers damage the item.
- The item is misused and caused the defect/fault.
- The item was repaired by an unauthorized party and in the process the item was damaged.
- Customers knew about the fault before they bought the item.
- Customers change their minds and no longer want the item.
- The defect/fault is caused by wear and tear by the customer
If the Customer has been charged for a Product which has not been delivered within three days, Isetan shall refund to the Customer the price of that Product as originally charged to the Customer.
If a Customer is charged more than the listed or correct price of a Product, Isetan shall refund to the Customer the difference.
Any refund shall be made in the same mode of payment used by the Customer on the same order.
All replacement of Products will be effected by the next earliest available delivery time slot.
Isetan reserves the right to collect, and the Customer shall be obliged to return, a Product that was not part of the Customer's order and which is delivered to the Customer by mistake.
Isetan shall not be further liable for any damage loss or inconvenience of any form suffered whatsoever arising from any discrepancy.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITIES
Isetan shall not be liable for any consequential, indirect or special damages or loss of whatever description nor shall Isetan be liable for any damage or loss caused by the Customer's servants, agents, buyers or other persons whatsoever. To the extent that Isetan is liable in contract, tort or otherwise for any loss, damage or injury arising directly or indirectly from any defect in or non-compliance of the Product or any other breach of Isetan's obligations hereunder, such liability shall not in any event exceed an amount equivalent to the price of the Product(s).
To the fullest extent allowed by law, Isetan disclaims any responsibility for any damage or loss of Products after delivery. The Customer shall ensure that the Products are not used for any purpose for which they are not suitable and shall be responsible for using all necessary skill and care in handling and using the Products. To the fullest extent allowed by law, Isetan disclaims any liability for any advice or information given with the Products and any responsibility for any inaccuracy or misstatement of any such information. The Customer assumes all risks connected with the use and storage of the Product.
Isetan shall not be liable to any Customer for any loss, damage incurred or inconvenience suffered in the event Isetan declines or is unable to fulfill an order for any reason whatsoever. Isetan cannot be held responsible for any inaccuracy or omission on this website.
The Customer unreservedly acknowledges and agrees that he/she assumes all risk in connection with the use of this website. Isetan shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, consequential or punitive damage or loss of profits or loss of revenue however arising from the use of, access to the website. Without limitation to the foregoing:
Whilst all attempts will be made to ensure that this website is available at all times, occasionally the website may undergo repairs, maintenance or the introduction of new services. All reasonable efforts are made to ensure that the information provided on this website is correct and up-to-date. However, Isetan disclaims all implied and/or express warranties and makes no representation as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on the website. Isetan will also not be responsible and assumes no liability for the content on the website or for anything posted on or linked to it, including, without limitation, any mistake, error, omission, infringement, defamation, falsehood, or other material or omission that might offend or otherwise give rise to any claim or complaint. This website includes links to other websites or materials which are beyond Isetan’s control and hence, Isetan shall not be responsible for the content of any such other external websites.
THIS WEBSITE AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIC WITHOUT ANY IMPLIED OR EXPRESS WARRANTY INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY AS TO TITLE, QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ISETAN SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY ERROR OR OMISSION IN THE CONTENT OF THE WEBSITE INCLUDING ANY DAMAGE OR INJURY ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY ACCESS OR USE OF THE WEBSITE WHETHER SUCH DAMAGE/INJURY IS CAUSED BY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS, COMMUNICATION LINE FAILURE, INTERCEPTION OF ONLINE COMMUNICATION, SOFTWARE OR HARDWARE PROBLEMS (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION LOSS OD DATA OR COMPATIBILITY PROBLEMS), THEFT, DESTRUCTION OR ALTERATION OF THE WEBSITE, WHETHER FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORTIOUS BEHAVIOR, NEGLIGENCE OR UNDER ANY OTHERCAUSE OF ACTION RESULTING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY.
The content on this website is protected by copyright, trade marks, database right and other intellectual property rights. The Customer may retrieve and display the content of the Website on a computer screen, store such content in electronic form on disk or print one copy of such content for his/her own personal, non-commercial use, provided he/she keeps intact all and any copyright and proprietary notices. The Customer may not otherwise reproduce, modify, copy, distribute or use for commercial purposes any of the materials or content on the website without Isetan’s prior written consent.
These Terms and Conditions will be subject to the laws of Singapore. Isetan and the Customer submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Singapore to resolve any dispute arising out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions.