Personal Data Protection Act
A) Collection of Personal Information
The type of personal information Isetan may collect from you on this website includes but is not limited to the following (in no particular order):
- Addresses (including residential address, mailing address, and email addresses)
- Home telephone and mobile numbers
- NRIC / Passport Numbers
- Date of birth
- Credit card number and expiry date
- IP address; and
- Browser information.
Although it is not compulsory to give us this information, we may not be able to provide you with the full range of services this website has to offer if you do not do so.
B) The purposes for which Isetan uses this information
The purposes for which Isetan processes, accesses, reviews, or uses this information may include any of the following:
- to open and administer customer accounts
- to provide services to customers, for instance, inviting cardholders to previews and events and alerting them to new arrivals and promotions
- dealing with enquiries made by you
- processing orders submitted by you
- verification and authentication of your identity
- obtaining your views or comments on the services we provide
- maintaining and updating of your data
- statistical analysis
- administrative or operational purposes
- collection of payment, fees, charges, and expenses for any services provided
- evaluative, advertising, and marketing purposes, for instance, for determining which products / services to market to the individual
- compliance with any law or regulation or directive from any applicable government body or authority such as but not limited to the Monetary Authority of Singapore and the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore
- investigating and/or reporting any criminal offences, where required by law
- disclosure to lawyers, auditors, financial advisors, and other professionals in connection with their services to us; and
- disclosure to related companies within the Isetan group of companies (whether within Singapore or overseas) including directors, employees, agents and representatives thereof, for operational, management, administrative, supervisory, advertising, marketing or evaluative purposes.
C) Sharing this information
Isetan works with other service providers (such as credit card processing companies) to provide services to you. Accordingly, your information may be disclosed to such other service providers for the purposes of providing such services to you. For instance, we may disclose your information to credit card processing companies we employ to verify any credit card transaction you might make on this website. For the avoidance of doubt, unless we tell you differently, such service providers will not have the right to use any information shared with them beyond what is necessary to assist us in providing the services to you.
We may also allow advertisers on the website to choose the demographic information of users who will see their advertisements and we may provide information we have collected from you to an advertiser in non-personally-identifiable form, in order for that advertiser to select the appropriate audience for its advertisements.
In certain situations, businesses or third-party websites we are affiliated with may sell items or provide services to you through this website. We may, for example, sell products or provide services jointly with affiliated businesses, or work with third party websites to enhance your experience on this website. We will share your information with such affiliated business only to the extent that it is related to such transaction or service. We have no control over the policies and practices of third-party websites and applications as to privacy or anything else, so if you choose to allow the automatic transmissions discussed above, please review all third-party websites’ and/or applications’ policies before engaging in such automatic transmissions on the website.
D) Information automatically collected from your phone
Whenever you visit and/or use the website, our web server automatically receives and records your IP address. We may also store some information (“cookie”) on your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small files of information which use a unique identification tag and are stored on your device as a result of using the website or other services we provide to you. A number of cookies we use last only for the duration of your session and expire when you close the website. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to the website and will last for longer. A cookie helps you get the best out of the website and helps us to provide you with a more customized service.
- managing your login session
- collecting statistical information about how you use the website so that we can improve the website
- remembering that you have used the website before so that we can identify the number of unique visitors we receive to different parts of the website
- storing your preferences and selections
- customizing elements of the layout and/or content of the website for you
- enabling our advertising partners to gather information about the pages that you visit on the website so as to place you in an "interest category". This information is used to serve advertisements on the website which it is believed will be relevant to your interests.
E) Data quality
Isetan will take reasonable steps to make sure that the personal information it collects, uses or discloses is accurate, complete and up to date.
F) Data security
Isetan will take reasonable steps to protect the personal information it holds from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Isetan will not keep personal information for longer than is necessary and will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information if it is no longer needed.
G) Access and correction
As a general rule, Isetan will upon the request of an individual, provide him as soon as reasonably possible with personal information about the individual that is in our possession and information about the ways in which the personal data has been or may have been used or disclosed within a year before the date of the request.
Isetan will also, where an individual has requested that it correct an error or omission in the personal data about the individual that is kept with Isetan, correct such data as soon as practicable and send the corrected personal data to every organisation to which the personal data was sent before it had been corrected, unless that organisation does not need the corrected personal data for any legal or business purpose.
Isetan may however choose not to provide individuals with access to or correct such information, in accordance with the exceptions under the PDPA. This would include cases where:
- Isetan is satisfied on reasonable grounds that the correction should not be made;
- The request for access is frivolous or vexatious or the information requested is trivial;
- The personal information is related to a prosecution and all the proceedings related to the prosecution have not been completed;
- The personal data, if disclosed, would reveal confidential commercial information that could, in the opinion of a reasonable person, harm the competitive position of the organisation; and
- The personal data was collected, used or disclosed for the purposes of an investigation and associated proceedings and appeals have not been completed.
Isetan may decide to impose a nominal charge upon the individual to cover the cost of verifying a request for information and locating, retrieving, reviewing and copying any material requested
H) Transborder Data Flows
If your personal information is transferred to a country or territory outside Singapore, for instance, if some services are sub-delegated to overseas resource centres or if the personal information is required for supervisory, administrative or operational purposes in other Isetan group companies (as described above), we will ensure that the recipients thereof provide a standard of protection to your personal information so transferred that is comparable to that which is provided herein.
I) Enquiries and Complaints
Isetan has designated the person whose details are set out below as the person (“Designated Person”) who will be responsible for ensuring Isetan’s compliance with applicable data protection laws. If you have any queries or requests or wish to make any applications concerning your personal information or data, please contact the Designated Person :-
Personal Data Protection Officer (Customer Service Dept.)
Tel: 6733 1111